Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Warmth of a Fireplace

 With our colder days now firmly here I once again turn to look at fireplaces for the warmth and coziness they bring.
 But when you start to look you realize there are so many questions and choices.
 What better way to get answers than to search my collected images.

 And then I see a very clear pattern emerges.

 I definitely prefer the elegance of white



 And the look of flames in a more open setting with not too much else to detract from the beauty of the fireplace mantle.
Well at least that's clearer now for me. What about you? Which do you prefer?

5 comments:

  1. Oh Fiona I love all these fireplaces and it is absolutely freezing here and raining! It feels like England! I really love the one with the parquet flooring and the 2 blonde wood LOuis bergeres in white! Stunning!
    hope you are well and best wishes

    Frances xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first room is my favourite - that fireplace is stunning! :)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona, I wish i had a fireplace too...! perhaps one day we will have one in the alfresco area; have to get my husband onto the job - definently white for me too!!
    Hope your daughter is doing alright... enjoy your holidays!
    laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mir gefallen sie alle, ich könnte mich sicher nicht entscheiden...

    Lieben Gruß
    CL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that hot pink silk chaise...divine!

    Melissah from Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete