Friday, March 2, 2012

Wallpaper Magic!

For a long time now this room in a French hotel has been a favourite of mine especially mixed with gold finished furniture and wall sconces. Definitely French style magic.




Similar wallpaper with a few more tones combine perfectly with darker antiques.


Stunning, metallic blue is the perfect backdrop for pretty, pink roses.



Neutral tones again, allow the golden hues to shine.






Soft colours but a striking effect for a powder room or ensuite.




Matching blue upholstery and wallpaper sit beautifully with gold and silver accessories contrasting perfectly with rich, wooden floors.


And once again with white dado and darker wood furniture the blue wallpaper lightens and brightens.


For a slightly more modern twist on French style with bright blues making a definite statement. It all still works perfectly with the very French curtain style.


And for a bit of fun with the princesses of the house.....


Some creative bling.


When chosen carefully wallpaper can add that extra layer of detail that finishes a room perfectly. How about you? Do you have any favourites just waiting to be used?

Have a beautiful weekend.

Au Revoir Mes Ami

6 comments:

  1. that first room is just gorgeous fiona!! and I adore the anna french pretty room with the floral wallpaper, its been a fave of mine forever!!! have a great long weekend!! laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first room - pretty sure that is at Hotel Particulier in Arles {I stayed there a few years ago and it is incredible}.
    I like the light blue damask paper and have been considering using that in a bedroom - it's dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are gorgeous - I lined the wardrobes and my linen cupboard with wall paper and love the result.

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Fiona, I now have a strong urge to wallpaper over my plain white walls. Seriously, one feature wall in my bedroom would look stunning in the neutral shades wallpaper!! Must try to resist........!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT PICS:) I really like your blog...so much nice inspiration.
    I wish you a lovely week:)

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete